Sunday, December 10, 2006

Some random thoughts inspired by random pictures



The infamous storm...the terrified disciples...and one nut who sees Jesus walks out to him and almost drowns...

All I can think of is..."I believe help my unbelief". Peter should
have coined that phrase right here.





We only seem to reach out when we are already doused with water. Here we are mostly under with no way to help ourselves and finally we take his hand. Sometimes I try to grab his hand when I am doing well, but I don't do it with the fervor that comes with desperation.





The good news is the same nut that almost drowned got another chance. Instead of walking on water he plunges into it on purpose. "I'm coming I'm coming". Swimming to the shore soaking wet, exhausted, and overwhelmed he embraces Jesus. "Do you love me"...feed my sheep....yes, Lord I will.

Corny pictures, somewhat corny reflection,...somewhat deep truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my beautiful friend, I love you!!! We must have a phone date/real date soon!!!!

Katie Mitchell said...

oh janice... how i miss you! i love the pictures, but moreso the heart behind them. i feel ya. it's been a tough go lately and it's so much easier to grab hold of the Lord when we're drowning, but then the good times come and it's half hearted. i miss you pal.