Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Purpose...

Purpose...this is what I desire for my life. I want to know that my life, right now, has purpose. I don't like the idea of living my daily life in filler activities. That's where I feel like I am right now. I am putting minimal effort into school and life. I am simply frittering away the minutes until I can go back to sleep and have another day pass. I need something to drive towards. Something to see up ahead that I can run, struggle, press-on for... My daily routine is hollow. I don't like it. I want to work. I want to have a job. Not so much one of the Taco Bell persuasion, but a job that I can really invest in that involves lots of people. I need to find a church and get involved in a community. Motivation where are you?!? "Get off your butt and go", a phrase often repeated in my head. Often replied with, "Where the heck am I going?". I have no idea. Therein lies my problem. I have no idea where I am going, nor why I am here. What am I doing in college? God you called me here...why? What do you want me to do here?

I am ticked off...hopefully ticked enough to do something about it. It's time to change. Time to stop complaining and actually move and react.

3 comments:

Ben P said...

This is exactly how I feel a lot of the time. I want a purpose, for sure. I felt it hard when I went back to school right after being up at camp for most of '04.

The danger in having something to look forward to is spending our whole lives looking for a purpose- in school looking toward a degree, dating looking toward marriage, married looking toward starting a family, working looking toward retirement... but when we are retired we'll be old and we can't climb trees or play ultimate frisbee anymore. (actually Janice, I bet you could play respectable game of ultimate at 70.)

Degrees can help us get good jobs with good benefits so if we decide to have kids some day they'll grow up with medical and nutritional needs met. Degrees are good things more often than not.

Now is where we are. Now is the time to live. You can do it. Do something awesome today.

Ben P said...

also, that's one hearty hunk of cow in that picture.

Anonymous said...

I think its something in the genes.
I like bens reply, so i'm just got nod my agreement and take his advice too.
Hey wanna travel with me this summer? It could be an adventure :) Think it over.