Sunday, December 09, 2007

Some time off the mountain...

Sometimes I find that I just need some time off of the mountain. I need some time at the beach in a city that has no resemblence to Calvin Crest. It's not becaus I don't love my time here, but sometime you just need a different pace and some change of scenery. I drove down to my sister's house in Tustin (Orange County) and spent a week there. April and Ben came down with me and we all went to Disneyland on Monday. It was a great day. I won a dolphin...

The rest of the week until Friday was pretty chill. I was sick so I just layed out on the couch and watched most of a season of Top Model straigh through....(to this I will defend only by the fact that I was sick and hopped up on DayQuil).

On Friday I got to hang out with my twin sister Ellie. We had some great bonding time at California Adventure. I took her on the tower of terror ( did i mention she hates rides that drop you...) As soon as the ride began she started to yell "I hate you, I hate you" as she clung with all of her human might on my left arm, which almost was removed from its socket as she clawed during the drops. We bought the picture...

On Thursday and Saturday Sal and I hung out. We went to this great restaurant in San Clemente for dinner on Thursday. The food was good, but the live music that began right before we left was phenomenal. There were these two guys playing the blues with an electric guitar, vocals, and a harmonica. After the meal we went for a walk on the board walk and pier. We were able to see humungous waves come in and break on the pier before they washed up onto the beach. I want to learn how to surf...maybe camp can get a wave pool...I"ll put in a work order.

Well, that's it. My vacation in a nutshell. Now back to the woods and work...

No comments: