Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Continuing my thoughts...

"Reconstructing is taking it back to the essence of what it was in the beginning and trying to remove the patina and augmentation that has covered over the intent and purpose of it"
(Tony B. )

Yes, I am bringing back this quote because it is what has begun a train of thoughts that I would like to record here. Yesterday when I was thinking about reconstruction I was thinking about reconstruction in myself and today I am thinking about reconstruction in humanity in general. Last night I was attending Jr. High and Nellie my friend was speaking on why humans were created. Why did God create us? Nellie's conclusion as well as my own is that God created us to glorify him. What does that mean? Nellie's definition was that we have been created to give an honest and clear account of God. Or in my words we are here to reflect him. Humanity was created to reflect God and the only way to do that is to be in a relationship with him. You have to be near the light to reflect it. Humanities purpose has always been to reflect God and yet that was marred almost immediately in creation as Adam and Eve ate the apple. As history continued it seems as if humanity simply became more and more enfeebled. That is, until Christ came and reconstructed our relationship with him so that our original purpose could be fulfilled. I have so much crap and so does everybody else. I have been bogged down in it for so long and that I have forgotten the purpose of why I am here. I am here to simply reflect God. Vocation and location don't matter. Circumstances are circumstantial. I am called to be salty. Time to get rid of some of my crap. God help me to choose you. Allow me to be refined, but please O God don't allow me to fall into my sin and dwell there. I desire to be with you in your presence. Show me how to seek, teach me to be quiet, teach me humility, be patient.


1 comment:

DAVE DACK said...

Janice... did you get the email I sent to you a few weeks ago? I feel like I might have the wrong address... did you change it recently?