Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Cabin Fever

I've been home around 26 1/2 hours and I already have cabin fever. I don't like being back in a city. I am very angry with myself because it took me until 3:15 to even leave the house. I only left to get something out of my car. There just isn't much to do outside here. I could go for a walk, but I am afraid to go by myself because we don't live in the best of neighborhoods right now. I would climb a tree, but people find it odd when you do and I'm sure there is a fine for climbing trees not on our property.

I miss the quiet. There is too much noise here. There are a lot of noises at home as well, but they are more congenial to my taste. I love hearing the wind in the trees and the drips falling from the roof onto my window paine. The noises here are much more annoying: tv, movies, cars, motorcycles, people arguing...

One day down only about a dozen to go. Geez, this could be difficult.

2 comments:

Juana said...

JANCIE!!
you could come to dinuba or turlock ... just an idea. i kmow i'll probably see you on new years , but i'd love to spend some time with you before then , so we could catch up! love you tons friend and can't wait to see you. if you want to go on a walk you could take your ferocious dog, lol. well think about coming to dinuba , just let me ahead of time if you decide to go!

Anonymous said...

Janice,
I know what you mean about the serenity of camp, it has been difficult to come out here to Durango, town of 13000, and now I am moving up to Spokane again ~400,000, but I will be at Whitworth. Hang in there, you will be back soon enough, I won't be up until summer (maybe). Have a great Christmas!! Laters,
B-Rich